May Woman of the Month Arthenius Jackson
Meet Arthenius Jackson
1. What’s your favorite color? Purple
2. What’s your favorite television show? Law and Order: SVU
3. What’s your favorite song? When You Believe by Whitney and Mariah
4. What’s your favorite book? Beauty for Ashes by Joyce Meyer
5. Are you married? If so tell us a little about your spouse and what you love most about them. What I love most? Not Married
6. Any children? How old? No children just three nephews and love them dearly
7. Where are you from? Hartsville, SC
8. Did you attend/graduate college? What school? What did you get your degree in? Attended Francis Marion University in Florence, SC. Undergrad is in Mass Communication and Master's in Psychology, from Grand Canyon University
9. What’s your favorite thing to do when you have some time off? Spend time on the beach
10. What’s one word you would use to describe yourself? Why? ANIMATED!!! I'm bubbly person with a bubbly personality and it shows in every presentation-whether speaking or singing/performing
The entrepreneur Arthenius Jackson
Business partners: My immediate family (parents + brothers) Business name: One Touch Transformation (OTT)
When did you start this business? and how did this idea come about?
I started OTT January 2014, and the idea came simply from my personal story of overcoming childhood sexual abuse. After attending counseling and therapy, I knew my journey couldn't end there. I wanted others to experience healing and freedom.
Do you have a degree is this field?
Upon starting my organization I went back to school for psychology and received my master's from Grand Canyon University
What made you start this business?
Again, I wanted to help other victims and survivor experience healing and freedom. I felt like more was needed after the stage of going through counseling and therapy so I wanted my organization to be that next stage for victims and survivors. I also felt like there were so many stories and resources that only focused on abuse itself and not enough on overcoming. I wanted to change that and also highlight the survivor-hood
What keeps you waking up each morning and loving what you do?
Knowing that there are so many people still hurting from the pain of the past and also knowing that my organization has an opportunity to transform lives for the better, even after enduring pain. What advice can you give to another woman wanting to start a business?Take your time. Be strategic and prayerful. Research similar businesses or models in order to pin point exactly what you want to do. Don't be afraid to make mistakes, but learn from them.
What’s one thing you have learned about your business that you can share with someone else to help them?
Treat your business like your baby because it is. No matter how much help or support you think you have, NO ONE ELSE WILL WORK AS HARD AS YOU WILL. You have to work your business as if you're the entire team. There are days when you are the CEO and the Communication specialist,. You are the PR and marketing person. You are the director and the assistant. Whatever you are for the day, always make sure your business is visible and consistent.
What’s one thing you can’t go a day without? Why?
It used to be chocolate LOL.....but I can't go a day without talking to the people I care about the most
What’s one thing your clients/followers don’t know about you?
You really want to know? hahaha j/k I used to be afraid of water so i just learned how to swim last summer.
Is there a book, quote or advice you have been given that helped you with your business?
"Trust the process." A very good friend of mine gave me those words at the start of my healing journey, and they stuck with me over the past 7 years of my entire journey.
What is next for you? Any events for 2020?
My events are currently being held digitally for Sexual Assault Awareness Month due to our current national situation.
I plan to release some more music, continue with my body building trainer soon as we get back to interaction and finish my book.
Facebook: Arthenius Jackson IG: @artheniusj Twitter: @artheniusj Business Facebook: One Touch Transformation IG: @_onett Twitter: @_onett